Monday, December 6, 2010

Odds & Ends: Pork Butt on the PR Platter


© HowtoDrawGuide.com
 Pork. It’s the other white meat. And due to the swine flu scare, it’s been getting bad press. But the U.S. Meat Export Federation is looking to put pork butt on the PR platter. Last month, a new international initiative was launched in order to promote the juicy rump of the delectable pig. Yes, I know what you are thinking…”my piggy’s got back.” J  I couldn’t resist the rap lyric reference.

According to porkmag.com, the challenge will be educating consumers on the benefits of pork and ways to prepare pork butt dishes. Seriously though, I love pork meat. So much so, that my husband and I honeymooned in Mexico and feasted on pork for every meal (yes, that means breakfast, lunch and dinner). I hope the campaign is successful; I will do my part to spread to pork cheer near and far.

Click here to read - Pork Butt P.R. Campaign Launched.

Regine J. Nelson is founder and principal of Allure Marketing Communications. Allure specializes in small business, consumer products, nonprofit and start-up PR. Email regine@allure-pr.com for a free consultation.

No comments:

Post a Comment