|© Maduca Group|
Typical PR campaigns can run from $1,000 to $20,000 per month. If you are small cupcakery with three employees and the best cupcake recipe out there, you don't think you can afford PR, so you go without it. The Do-It-Yourself PR products and services provide a way for you to develop your own media list and pitch you own products/services. Albeit, it's not the best that money can buy but it works. Next week, I will share a post on "Why Your DIY PR Campaign Isn't Yielding Results?"
For those of your that are eager to put on your own PR shoes and hit the ground running here is a list of some of the best Do-It-Yourself PR products, services and information out there:
- HARO - Help A Reporter Out. No such thing as free PR? Over 50000 journalists use HARO to locate experts for on-air interviews, article quotes and more. Join HARO for free.
- My PR Genie. It's the only, Do-It-Yourself, PR platform and newswire that gives you access to over 540,000 journalist contacts. You can create a business profile on search engines and directories, upload your press release in any language and significantly increase your exposure online!
- PR in Your Pajamas. Elena Verlee's site offers free tips via daily emails. In addition, you may purchase e-books, teleclasses and media lists through the site. Elena has been featured as one of the top PR people to watch by All Facebook and a top 20 entrepreneur to follow on twitter by Forbes.
- Handle Your Own PR. This PR website gives you tools to create your own publicity PR marketing campaign and has targeted media lists to purchase and DIY PR advice.
- 15 Do-It-Yourself PR Ideas. If you decide to promote your own company, read on for nearly free fifteen do-it-yourself tactics and get ahead of your competition! Blog post on CheapRevolution.com.
Regine J. Nelson is the founder and principal of Allure Marketing + Communications. Allure specializes in consumer product, small business, nonprofit and startup PR. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free consultation.